Monday 28 March 2011

A quick link to get me to Thailand....

Apologies for the complete neglection of the blog, I have been somewhat distracted by all of the ridiculously awesome things going on around me. I return though with tales of wonder and joy which will hopefully convince anyone who hasn't been to South East Asia to get here and experience it!

After Bali, Rachel and I had our hearts set on Thailand. We decided rather than head to Vietnam and work our way back down, we would work our way up instead. We made a two day stop in Kuala Lumpur. (although anyone who's anyone will just shorten it these days to KL. I like to think it makes me cool and establishes me more as a 'traveller'.)

KL was good, as cities go it was rather similar to most. A famous landmark dubbed 'the twin towers' (i have no words) some pretty impressive live music, the odd brawl (westerners of course) and a wave of sewage every few minutes.


Look dad! It's the Starship Enterprise!


The hostel we stayed in was right in the centre and was an absolute steal! They did everything they could to make it homely. You felt you were staying in a bedroom at home which was lovely, mostly because I was tired and dreaming of the double I left behind.......sigh.

In the middle of playing "hit me baby one more time". Look how happy he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment